what is he doing??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

I see him look down and stay that way like he fell asleep in the middle of it. I thought he was doing something with his thing. Sometimes he move his head in slow motion too :err: I think one time I even see something red down there but when he know i was watching he stops and when i pick him up to see what the heck is it that red thing is not there anymore.. what the heck is he doing???

Totally normal for a male chinnie to do. He's got to clean himself, but if you notice him doing it more frequently, it may be time for a hair ring check.

Hair ring check? Can I do that? Or its a vet thing? Yes he do it pretty often lately compare to before. Is it dangerous?

Chinchilla who are just reaching maturity often clean themselves rather zealously. It's kind of a teenage thing that usually stops. We have two cuddle buddies for Oscar who is our amorous chin.

You can do a hair ring check yourself and I think there is a video that shows you how if you look it up.

I gave him a ring check yesterday and I found some of the hair and took it out. It wasn't much enough to make a ring tho. I thought It was gonna Be hard but actually it went smoothly. He didn't seem to be violated at All lol thanks guys

Yes...hmm..Sometimes they do that! To pleasure hmm..or a hairring check should be done. Thats good he's calm though...It always took me a good 10 mins to get my little chin in the right 'position' in order to check him! Grr. haha.

At first he scared too. Hes a virgin and Ive never check him before but once I start he seems to be happy with the consequences lol

Latest posts

Back