What happen to my chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laomao

hi all,

4 day ago i introduce a new chin to my original chin, for the past 4 day My original chin sometime chased the new chin but no fur pulling. But today after work i came home and found that the new chin was chasing my original chin and there was lot of fur laying around. I quickly separate them to different cages. After that i notice that my original chin was hiding under the running wheel, i try to use treat to lure her out but fail. Normally when i shake the treat bottle she will run to me and wanting to eat her treat but today was abnormal. I though it was ok, she was scare by the new chin. But after about 2 hour, she was still hiding below the running wheel, same again i use treat to lure her out but i fail again. So i was wondering if she is sick and the new chin bully her?

It sounds like these chins do not get along and haven't been for the past 4 days. I would keep them separate, your original chin is probably terrified and that could be why she is hiding, she could also potentially be injured so you might want to take her out from under the wheel and carefully look her over.

What method did you use for introduction? You can't just put two chins in a cage together because it can lead to severe injuries. If your chins are chasing each other that intensely, they are not ready to be left alone in a cage together

I agree with e.murphy. It sounds like you may have rushed the introduction and/or these chins just do not get along. I would keep them caged apart and be happy that you were able to catch this in time and none of the chins were seriously hurt.

IF none of the chins were seriously hurt...they both need checked over extremely well. The one that's hiding is especially concerning as that's not a good sign when they're acting abnormal. Just the stress alone could cause issues, I would watch her food and water intake to make sure she's eating and drinking...and absolutely, 100% they DO need checked over for physical injury.

As for "why" this happened? Could be a million reasons but the simple answer is they do not get along right now. They may in the future, they may not. I'll re-ask the question, how did you do introductions?

when I in truced new chins to each other , I would keep them in separate cages but side by side for two months to make sure they got along . I would let them out together and supervise the play time and just see how they got along . if your not careful one can kill the other .

Latest posts

Back