What do you use to keep your floor clean?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use this swiffer brand contraption that had a ramp that lead to a sticky pad which was perfect for cleaning poops after playtime on a rug, it was quiet, no power, just glided over carpet and it got stuck.
But it broke years ago:tantrum:,and swiffer has since discontinued it to my knowledge and iv been through quite a few vacuums since....:hair::impatient:

Have you guys found a better chin-friendly way of cleaning up a rug post-playtime?

**I obviously vacuum, but its cumbersome, loud, and the chinnies arent a fan**

Just my hoover. Chins don't care at all. I am in the middle of removing all the carpet in my chin room. Will be a lot easier to clean!

I would love to have hard floors in the chin room! Someday!!!

Have hardwood floors in the chin room. I use the vacuum and all could care less.

The few times I let them out are in a play pen. I have a sheet under them. Fold it up and shake it outdoors.

I use a vacuum because Athena is an oddball and loves vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, etc. with a passion and follows me around playing with them haha

My shop vac is my best friend while the chins are in a carpeted area. I will sweep with a broom to get the big pieces up and then go over it with my shop vac.

Can't wait to get them back on concrete though!

I bought a Black & Decker dust buster/hand vacuum from Walmart. I think it's 18 volt. It's powerful enough to suck up poop & hay. After I let him out, I use it to spot clean. I also use it to spot clean around his cage daily. He doesn't care about the noise at all. He just goes about his business! I even use it in his cage. While he's on one level, I clean the other level. I pull up the fleece, vacuum up the poops that got underneath, wipe down the Bass pan, put the new fleece down & voila! I take the old fleece outside and shake the poop and hay out before washing it.

My chins arnt fan of a vacuum either. But i also wouldn't ever let mine on carpet. Especially to my girls, that would be like an invitation to a massive all you can eat buffet.

I was using an electrolux stick vacuum. It had a removable hand vac (size of a dust buster) which I used to do the inside of the cage. Unfortunately the power button for the hand vac part stopped working. I really loved that thing. I still have it hoping to find a way to get it working.

Right now I'm just using my regular vacuum. I hope to pull up the carpet in her room. There is hard wood underneath, but not sure on the condition of it.

Hay can kill most "normal" vacuum cleaners, so sweeping or a carpet vac (the old fashioned kind) are probably your best bet. I always had the cage in the kitchen, which had linoleum floors, so sweeping was easiest for me anyway there, and any hay that got tracked elsewhere onto was better to pick up by hand, after slaying a couple vacuums!

I was lucky and one day went through Target and found this $15 hand-vacuum that was made by Dirt Devil. I doubt that it would've worked, but I decided to buy it anyways because I needed a new hand vacuum and this thing does it all! It picks up the hay, it picks up the poo. It's not too loud that I can use it inside of Sigma's cage to vacuum and outside of his cage as well. Just have to empty the little bin thing at the end and life is good. Definitely a great find.

Back