What do you use to block escape routes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

I have a totally chin safe room for my little guy which is the same room his cage is in however it has a doorway on both sides of the room which I blocked off with some large cardboard boxes however my little guy can now jump upwards of 4 feet and he's made a jailbreak 3 times this week...:tantrum:What do you all use if you have this situation....

i had extra cage pieces form a diff cage that i used. But they could scale it if they wanted. But it was enough to slow them down enough to let me get to them if they tried in time.

We used two tension baby gates, one above the other. You would have to keep something along the bottom because they can squeeze underneath.

I've taken to place some asian style folding room dividers with heavy object on either side to block off a hallway and kitchen

:/ I use a playpen to block off potential trouble zones but my chinchilla can jump over it. I would look into taller puppy pens maybe?

90t2yh.jpg

28wh4lz.jpg

I have a two foot tall metal playpen, like the kind you use for puppies.... my girls have never even tried to get over it, I think that they think its just a cage with carpet.

I uninstalled the door and built a special door of untreated pine wood with piano hinges so it opens and closes kinda like an accordion. The boards are about 6.5' to 7' so they are too high to jump but they leave a gap so the room is never fully closed off. I really like how it worked out.

Latest posts

Back