What do you think of this cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITSTOP64

Hi,
I was eyeballing this cage up(link below),because it is really neat looking,& was from a recommended site "CAGE WORKS"!
But ,I emailed them to ask about using the wood shelves instead of the wire shelves that come with it,& she said it was against regulations,to have wood shelfs because of hygiene,and the metal was better?
So I am a little confuseD,since most of us use the wood for shelving?
Let me know what "yall" think?;)

http://www.cageworks.com/cages/40/product.php?id=572

Hygiene? You can clean wooden shelves and they are easy to replace. They're good for chinchillas teeth and feet. That is a really expensive cage, but cute so it could work.

I would guess they were sued at some point because the chin got bumblefoot or something like that, JMO. Cute cage, love the roof!

I would like to be able to order a cage that doesnt need to be assembled!!
My husband was a complete grump the last cage he had to assemble,which was the chinchilla mansion from qualtiy cage...Haaa,Haa!
I took one look at that monster,and knew there was know way I could do it!!!
This cage I posted ,come's already to go!!

I believe you can buy a Ferret Nation at Petsmart and they will assemble it for you..just need a big truck to haul it home in and a couple people to carry it. Those suckers are heavy.

That cage you're looking at is a pretty expensive cage...you could almost buy 2 FN's for that price! But if you really like it I guess it's worth it!

Personally, I would be concerned about the lack of information in the description...

"Painted Metal"??? They never state what metal they use nor what "paint". Just seems weird and considering my chins will at least test something new to see if its edible or not, I really hate the idea of any "paint" ending up in their digestive tract. Other than that, if you take off the "painted metal" parts, it looks like a basic wire cage, like the QC chin mansion. Those prices for the extras are rediculous. You can get those cheaper anywhere else (EX; QC hay rack is $4.50 vs $6 on that site; QC guards $13 vs $30 on that site). The whole thing seems overpriced, but cute, I guess. Just my 2c.

I bought my ferret nation from craigslist. Already assembled and I transported it in the back of my beetle :hilarious:

Thats funny..I have a beetle(07) too!
I have been eyeing a couple I have seen on craigs list also!
I like the ferret nation,but they need to be changed out for shelfs !
I already have a Quality "Mansion" cage,which came with the wood shelves,and every thing I needed!!
Just didnt want to deal with the trauma of putting another one together!

Yeah it was pretty hilarious. Luckily I didn't have to drive too far. Originally it was almost an hour away and then the girl brought it to her grandmas house which was only about 1/2 mile. I am certain people thought I was crazy :rofl:

I cleaned it out and removed all the wire stuff. I haven't got my chin yet, basically because I have to sew a ton of fleece and put all the shelves I made in the cage. Right now my ferret nation is stacked about 1/2 full of chin stuff with no chin :(

Back