What did they do in Wisconsin?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designer chins

It was suggested that I post a summary of the Wisconsin seminar last Saturday in Barneveld. If you are curious as to what we were up to in the Great White North, please check out the attached. :)

Attachments

• Wisconsin MCBA seminar.doc
    23 KB · Views: 35
It is interesting seminar....
I hope one day I will be able to fly over for an educational seminar about chinchillas and meeting chin lovers and at the same time, I could bring back some good quality chins. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I highly encourage all chin people to catch this seminar next year! I am a pet owner and in a land of breeders I am welcomed and that means the world to me! I have gone to 2 seminars now and I have learned SO much! For those of you who don't know Gene Adcock he's awesome! This year Gene and Randy had a lot to teach about grooming (Brenda too! She groomed Bill's psycho chin and boy was he docile once Brenda got a hold of him!) Gene teaches everyone the same, a happy chin is a good chin and a good looking chin so basically it's the same as being a breeder and pet owner. Good water and good food equal and nice looking chin! Christoph, the vet, was amazing! Imagine a vet who actually knows something about chins! He had one as a child growing up so he has knowledge and fondness of them! And he stayed to watch the grooming as well so he's just constantly wanting to learn more and more.
This is a laid back group, I asked a zillion questions and got great answers.
If you were thinking of going this year but just weren't sure, make sure you get there next year! If you're in the northern illinois, southern wisconsin area you can even ride with me! woot!!!!

This had to be our best seminar yet! Soo much info - I learned a ton!
We're trying to snag Christoph for Shindig and possible the ECBC annual meeting. Keep your fingers crossed he can make it!!

This was my first time at the seminar and I am like Laurie, a pet owner not breeder. It was definitely very informative beginning with Christoph (vet) discussing everything relating to chins health to Randy (jags) discussing the importance of a good water source in the quality and health of a chin. Gene, Randy, Wendy and Brenda were great in discussing grooming, quality, pairing and lighting. I had my reasons for going to this seminar, specifically for Christoph but the bonus was learning about the other aspects of chins from really great people. And yes, it was a really laid back and comfortable atmoshphere.

Since getting my chins from Kristy in late 2008, I had made up my mind to learn as much as I can in regards to chins, since they are a huge part of our family, beginning with joining this forum. I would recommend to any pet owner to attend a show or seminar in your area, if possible.

Latest posts

Back