What color is Brinkley?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurensab

Laur
These are my boys Brinkley and Fella. Fella is a beige male and Brinkley is a standard male... Or is he? They told me at the pet store when I got him that he was a standard. But maybe he is a medium ebony? He does not have a white belly.... Help please. :)

chins001.jpg

Fella <3

chins005.jpg
Brinkley <3

well he is def lighter on his belly but its no where near white.... ill take a new pic of tum tum

definitely not a white belly. I'm not an expert but I'm thinking a light ebony

Thanks so much guys! :) his back is jet black but I wasn't sure. Wow....Do pet stores know anything?

Wow....Do pet stores know anything?

I've seen one that had most of it down... until their new manager decided the big chinchilla display cage was a great way to sell those plastic corner litter pans. They actually got worse instead of better after their "star" chinchilla died at 14 years old. :( Ultimately, what they "know" won't trump "what makes money". :vomit:

Hmm... I was asking about the color not the sex. But yes they are def both boys.

Last edited:
There have been people who've bought same sex pairs and ended up with a boy and girl. If the store can't figure out color there was just concern.

Your guy sure is a cutie!

True True! I did have that same concern when I bought them so I checked them out before I left the store cause I def do not want kits!! Anyway thank you! He is a handsome guy isn't he... I love him! :D

Sweet! Check out my Charlie thread, I went through the same thing with his color. Thought I came home with a standard and learned otherwise from the people here.

Back