What color am I?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarinuto

chin smitten
I can't seem to identify what the color of this boy is. In the picture, he is on bottom and next to a pink white. He looks much much lighter than my homo beige but more beige and creamier than the pink white. I wanted to take a picture of him next to the homo beige, but he was not happy about this idea so I didn't push. What mutation is he?

Pic one: Pink white and top, boy in question on bottom taken today (with Flash)
Pic two: Natural light, taken a month ago
Pic three: Natural light, taken a month ago

Attachments

• Whatcolor.jpg
    Whatcolor.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Whatcolor2.jpg
    Whatcolor2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Whatcolor3.jpg
    Whatcolor3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 80
Too darn cute....that's what color I think he is! That last pic makes me want to give him whisker smooches!

Looks like a homo beige to me, but looks very light even for that. Has too much tan coloring to be pw in my opinion. What are parents?

I'm no expert and this is just a shot in the dark but can he be a dirty pink white? Like a pink white that just doesn't have a good clear white?

Thanks everyone for the comments. He is really cute and I'm glad others think so too. :D

His parents are pink white/hetero beige.

He could be a homo pink white, what color are his eyes?

However, the only surefire way to tell is to breed him and see if he produces whites or standards. If he produces standards, you know he's not a homo beige.

So, I just went and studied his eyes. (as well as a few others to make sure I can accurately describe)

His eyes, like his dad's, are a dark red. His dad is the Pink White. I have another pink white that has pink or bright red eyes, so I can definitely tell that his eyes are darker than that.

Does that help?

Usually looking at the eyes, can just point you towards "homo" or "hetero". I have two Homo Pink White males who have noticeably "pink" eyes rather than "red".
Does not look like a "dirty" or "creamy" pink white to me, but that was my first thought. In the first pic definitely doesn't look like a pink white, looks like a beige. Last two pics he looks like a very light beige, or homo beige. If you look at the chin on the left at the link below I think he looks a lot like that chin. The chin in that pic looks a lot like a homo beige to me.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29711

If you have any more pics in good lighting, share them! :) Always easier to guess color with more pics and comparisons :)

Anyhow, whatever color he is, he is a handsome boy! :thumbsup:

I had a little light tan male born here that looked just like that. In fact, he got lighter. He looks completely white right now and he is about 1 year old, if I remember correctly. His mother is a homo beige and his father is a Medium tan. No white in that kit whatsoever! His brother s also a light tan and looks just like a homo beige, except for belly color.

Is his belly lighter colored than the rest of him? If it is I would say a very light homo beige, if not a marked pinkwhite. Without growing him out or breeding its hard to tell.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going to look at the belly and reply back as I'm not sure how much lighter, if it is lighter, that the belly is. I will also try to take more pics in various lighting to give you a better look at him.

Thanks everybody!! :D

If he is light enough that it is difficult to tell, blow into the belly fur. If the underfur is white, he's a light tan. If the underfur is dark, he's a homo beige.

What do you think?

1326646767.jpg

1326646782.jpg

1326646809.jpg

1326646913.jpg

1326647061.jpg

Looks like a homo beige to me. But is is hard to know for sure until he is bred. In the last pic of your first string of pics he actually looks like a pink white with some beige tinting. I had a pink white that looked the same.

Yea, he could be a homo beige, I've just never seen one with quite the coloration he shows. I can't convince myself of one way or the other..

Thank you andreya!!! I'm in love with him as well.

Anyone know how to identify if he might be a recessive white? It's. Long shot, I know, but I'm curious and I've never seen one in person to compare.

Thanks all :)

Definitely not a recessive white. The coloring is very distinct in Lowe RW's.

He's either a very light homo beige or a pink white, but I'm leaning more towards a pink white as he grows. Just like with mosaic kits, you can have a pink white born mostly beige that lightens up to being the equivalent of a silver mosaic.

Latest posts

Back