What a way to start the year...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycamore Chins

QUINTUPLETS!!! :banghead:

We've never had more than trips, and do we get to ease into multiples with quads? NO, we get outright quints!!!

The mom is our lovely JAGS female Jelo, and dad is a male bred by us, Renoir. He is desperately trying to outdo his dad in production - I think he's pretty much succeeded!

At around 7am, mom woke up and didn't see anything. Jelo took her morning shredded wheat and everything. I woke up at 8:30 to find 2 males. There were definitely more in there. I went downstairs to check my mail and came back up - another male! (Grr to the males!). Went to take a shower got back and guess what...a fourth male. What have I done to deserve all these males!? So I feel her belly and...I think there is another one in there. At this point I'm laughing hysterically. Jelo has a huge contraction - in which she FLIPS over bum-over-head, then uprights herself, one more push and a fifth kit pops out. I grab it and flip it over...
HALLELUJAH! It's a girl!

So 4 boys, 1 girl - all doing fantastically so far. I've got two separated out, the female is a little witch. Going to try to rotate them. Unfortunately this happens right before the show and we can't pawn 5 babies off to someone so they will all probably be coming with us to Auburn!

I guess I need to make it more clear that I'm JOKING when I say she looked big enough to have at least 4...that'll teach me!

And a picture for proof:

Attachments

• quints.jpg
    quints.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 148
whoa!! What a cute little bunch!!! Congratulations!!! :D

Oh my goodness that is amazing!! I can't even imagine... and I'm so glad the girl popped out for you at the end. Congrats!

haha she had to do a flip to shove the last one out, she sounded determined.

They look like cute little furballs!!

Aww They look wonderful! Its great that she was able to deliver all five without help. Congrats!!!

Thanks everyone! They are all almost officially a day old and doing awesome!
I forgot to mention their birth weights were all between 47 and 52! Mom has milk in and the babies are all fat and happy!
Off to Auburn!

OH MY GOSH!! Too bad you didn't live closer. I'd take them while you are gone. I'm having to watch my triplets born last Sunday due to fighting. Wouldn't be a problem to add another mom and kits to my "watch" list. Poor mom.......I can't believe it. She must of looked like a mellon before birth. Good luck with the entire family Alicyn!

Well, I am very pleased to say that all five babies are thriving!
We usually wait until week 4 to name big litters, but I was inspired on the drive to Auburn with these guys in tow.
Jelo did amazing, we (well mostly my mom) rotated them in two groups, with a little bit of supplementation for the group of 3 when they were away from mom.

Introducing (in no particular order):
Mason, Dixon, Penn, Indy and Auburn (the female)

We also had a darling pink white male born to my Champion White Male 5 days ago. He's just so cute I can't help but attach a pic of him as well! He doesn't have a name yet.

Attachments

• QUINTS.JPG
    QUINTS.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PW2.JPG
    PW2.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 56
Back