West Coast MCBA 2012 Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Here we go again!! Our fall show will be September 15th. Location: Bellevue Red Lion Hotel, 11211 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98004. Phone is 425-456-5240.

Discounted Guest Rooms will be $80, just tell them you're with our group. Deadline is August 28th for the special pricing. Housing chins in the guest rooms is an additional $15, but is free in the meeting room. You may also make reservations on their web site www.redlion.com or at 1-800-733-5466. Cancellations are the usual 24 hours ahead of time. They've given us an even better deal and we have it ALL day long, no end time to get out by.

Judge is still to be determined, I will keep you posted on who.

Entry fees will be $6 for members, $8 for non-members, baby derby entries are $5. All paid entries will receive a baby derby ticket. Raffles this time will be taken by Claire Russell since our esteemed Secretary will be in Europe (life is tough), [email protected].

More info to come. As always, start dusting those bunnies!!

Last edited:
Is there an entrance fee for guests that want to see the chinchilla show? Do people ever enter pets or is it only for hard core professional breeders? What type of raffles are at chin shows? =)

Jessica Olson

Hi, Jessica,
We welcome everyone. I encourage my young buyers to bring their animals to be judged, I'd like to encourage you too. You only have to pay for an animal that you are entering to be judged. Yes, there are hard core breeders, but we're not tooo scary and we'd love to help you any way we can. There are great raffles of live animals, really great wood playthings, houses, fun baskets, etc. We'd love to meet you and encourage you and help in any way. Please feel free to post any questions you may have.

Hi Jessica, I went to my first show last fall and I have got to say that everyone was so wonderful and helpful. As for the "hard core" breeders, they are normal people like you and I. I brought one of my chins and we all had a good giggle when I became to enthusiastic and overcombed the poor girl leaving her with bald spots. Live and learn. :) The funnest part was when we were allowed to go up and help "judge" the chinchillas, not sure if that happens at each show or not.

Hi everyone

WOW!, it’s just 6 weeks away from show time…..Time flies doesn’t it…..Hope you have all started to dust those Chinnies……

And speaking of the show…..we are still in need of Raffle items. It doesn’t have to be Chin related. So be creative. Some raffle items we have had in the past are:

Custom Chin house
Handmade jewelry
Chinnie hammocks
Travel home snack basket for people
Coffee baskets
And the list goes on and on….

So, if you are able to donate a raffle item, please contact me at [email protected] and let me know.

Thank you in advance and see you all at the show

Make sure to make your reservations soon. Rooms are unavailable except for our block. Ask for MCBA West Coast Chapter discount, it's that specific. It's going to be a great show with Maxine!!

Sure, Theresa. She's from San Diego. You can check out more on Empress' site. And she's particular wonderful in that on short notice she's flying here direct from another conference out of LAX on Friday's last flight and heading home Saturday after our show. I think that alone deserves a round of applause. She's also been a judge for over 5 years.

Okay, so here's my raffle donation: This is a little bittersweet for me because I was planning on keeping this chin, but I want to really support our chapter. I'm donating an ultraviolet male, born 8-29-11, weight on 8-8-12 is 613 grams. His full sister took Color Section Champion at our spring field day. His baby sister will be judged this coming show and at a little over 7 months she is 828 grams. I will also enter him for judging at the coming show. I've not sold any of this line at this point. His dad is a Sagebrush violet, mom is a standard vc out of Viking & Furball/Shoots lines. Dad is 802, mum is 894 (but could be pregnant, she's very prolific). I would value him to sell at $250 or more. I will post pics when my photographer gets into town :thumbsup:.

SO COME ON, PEOPLE, LET'S GET EXCITED OUT THERE!! IT'S SHOWTIME!

Here are some pics of Rowdy, the violet raffle chin. He was a busy guy and didn't want to sit still. These were the clearest focus. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• DSC03892.jpg
    DSC03892.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03894.jpg
    DSC03894.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03896.jpg
    DSC03896.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 23
I wish I could go, but back to school time for us is an expense in itself so probably can't afford to do so, but wish everyone who attends a good time! I'll look around and see what I can donate for the raffle. :)

Add'l Raffle items

Chinnie house

Attachments

• P1000931.JPG.jpg
    P1000931.JPG.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2
  • P1000932.JPG.jpg
    P1000932.JPG.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1
We also have two handmade necklaces donated by a friend of mine. This one has a retail value of $120

Attachments

• misc082712 429.jpg
    misc082712 429.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 11
And this one has a retail value of $35. (picture doesnt do it justice)

Attachments

• misc082712 427.jpg
    misc082712 427.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
I spoke with Sue and will be donating 25 lbs of fresh hay. It is a timothy orchard grass mix. Some of the best around. No herbicides or pesticides used on this hay, totally organic.

Latest posts

Back