West Coast MCBA 2011 Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Announcing the West Coast Chapter 2011 Show, September 24th, in Bellevue, WA. Location is 5130 164th Avenue SE, Bellevue, 98006. Roger Clark will be our judge. More information to come on entry fees and what excitement will be included. Just wanted to get the word out so you can start planning which lovelies you'll be bringing. I will be gone for a few weeks overseas, so if you have questions please be patient in my responses. I'm back the 4th.

It's SHOWTIME!! :dance3:

Quick question

Is the show going to be held in the parking garage again or in the actual church?

If anyone would like to donate items for the raffle, please let me know. It does not have to be chinchilla related.

Tickets will be $2.50 each or 5 for $10 just like last year.

Here are pics of the fleece tubes that will be raffled off. Normal price is $15 each, there will be three of them.

Attachments

• tube 1.jpg
    tube 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 14
  • tube 2.jpg
    tube 2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
  • tube 3.jpg
    tube 3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 11
Raffle chin:

She'll be one year at the show. She's a homo-ebony, possible TOV, violet carrier. She's a beauty. She will be entered for judging and offered as raffle for the chapter. Every hair shiny black! She did not want to be photographed, loves to be scratched but don't try to hold her.

Attachments

• DSC02041-1JPG.jpg
    DSC02041-1JPG.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02038-1JPG.jpg
    DSC02038-1JPG.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23
Fees are as follows:

$5 entry fee for MCBA members, $7 for non-members. Visitors are free.
$4 entry for Baby Derby, all animals must be over 2 months and younger than 6 months. Trophy will be awarded for the audience's choice of winner.

As Alison mentioned, raffle tickets are $2.50 each, 5 for $10. Doors open at 7 a.m., judging will begin at 10. The lodge will be open Friday evening to house chins from 5 to 7 p.m. We're still looking for some more raffle items, please contact Alison at [email protected].

Keep dusting those 'bunnies'.

Raffle item

Here is the Wood Hidey house and Ledge that will be raffled off. Together they are a $22 value

Attachments

• Chin house and ledge.jpg
    Chin house and ledge.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 8
There is still time to place your ad in our Show book. Prices are $15 for full page, $7.50 for half page and $3 for a quarter page. Please get your ad to me by Sept 18th. email to [email protected]. Payment for the ad can be made by paypal to the same email address.

One week to go! Still time to donate items for the raffle. If you have an item or a chin to donate, just bring it to the show.

Sue, do you have directions for those of us who don't know where we're going? :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Alison,
You read my mind!! Here's directions:

I90 east or west, take exit 13 for Lakemont Boulevard. Head up the hill (south) on Lakemont. You will pass a Mathew's Thriftway on the left, a small strip mall. You'll come to a three-way stop which is 164th Avenue SE. Turn right. The church is right on the corner there and you'll see two driveways and the construction fencing. Travel to the backside of the parking lot, entrance to the garage is in the back of the building. Those leaving animals on Friday will see stairs down to the building below, what we call the lodge. I will be there from 5 to 7 on Friday evening. Bring cover for your chins since right now the forecast is for rain. I will have tarps for the floors.

Drive safe and see you all soon,
Sue

Last minute reminders: The lodge is open from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight, Friday, for animal drop offs. Doors to the show open Saturday morning at 7 a.m. for grooming. Classification begins at 9, and the show at 10. Trophies & ribbons will be awarded at the end of the show. See you at the show!!

Awesome sign!

A note on hotels....Larkspur Landing...two thumbs up so far. Only been here 45 minutes and this place is great. We got the 1 bedroom with sofa sleeper....Dad and I thrilled we each have our own big flat screen tvs! And a dishwasher (not that we'll use it).

Had a wonderful time at the show today. Made some great new friends. Everyone was so kind, generous, non-judgmental and so willing to help us newbies get started. Thankyou Kramers for all your help and generousity. Hope to stop by for a visit if we do go through Idaho. Enjoyed going for lunch with Linda Clark and Jocelyn. My 11 year old (and me too) enjoyed being able to go up front and get a closer look at how the judging is done.

Had a wonderful time at the show today. Made some great new friends. Everyone was so kind, generous, non-judgmental and so willing to help us newbies get started. Thankyou Kramers for all your help and generousity. Hope to stop by for a visit if we do go through Idaho. Enjoyed going for lunch with Linda Clark and Jocelyn. My 11 year old (and me too) enjoyed being able to go up front and get a closer look at how the judging is done.

The Craners are the best, so friendly, and I always enjoy meeting up with them. Glad you had a great time, hopefully I will be as good as new for next spring and might get to meet you too! Can't wait to hear the results of the show!

I really hope to meet up with you next spring to Chris. I hope that everyday you are feeling better and better. I have been remembering you in my prayers. I did meet Alison, what a sweetie, you are lucky to have her as a friend.
Did you see me wave when I passed through Spokane last week? We went to Couer d'Alene to rescue a Lipizzan mare.

Christine, we missed you!

Congrats to Jerry and Joann Craner! The Grand and Reserve Champ chins were awesome. Great show! Loved seeing some new faces there. Had a nice lunch with the Craners and our judge Roger Clark. Looking forward to the next show!

My chins did well. Young white male (Aeden) took a first (has a lot of potential but still had some baby fur). Young white female (Akira) took reserve color phase. Brown velvet male Gromit took color phase champ (and also went to his new home).

Latest posts

Back