Wellness Canned Cat Recall

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhufflepuff

super-duper hedgiepig
Received the email letter from the Wellness' CEO in which they're recalling Wellness Canned Cat food due to inadequate levels of thiamine.

Seems to me that, if one is just feeding this to a hedgie as a treat or to help meds go down, it ought to be okay... Or (pulling out my paranoid hat) the "real" story is something like "the reason for the thiamine deficiency in the food is that we replaced the thiamine with badsubstance," so we oughta just chuck the stuff anyhow?

Here's the link: http://wellnesspetfood.com/Wellness-voluntary-recall.pdf

Yes, Wellness was involved in that big pet food recall that affected kidney function....I think I'll stay clear of that brand for a while, or maybe its that they care enough to do recalls.....

You hit the nail right on the head April - I always find myself in a quandary when there's a recall: do I interpret it as "wow, these folks are really on top of things; what a good company" or "geez, of all the companies, this one got 'caught' and are have to manage PR; bad company."

Latest posts

Back