Welcome to Miss Mabel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nibblesmama

Dale is having a complete conniption fit without Nibbles. Tamtrums, shaking his cage, reaching out to grab things. I'm giving him extra attention - even after he bit me, the little turd! In comes Mabel, a darling 18 month old chinnie. She and 11 others were all in the same cage...10 were males and the other female they were calling an albino (she was all white) and she was blind - they wanted a fortune. I got Mabel (for nothing...I am not paying for someones stupidity and giving them money to continue the stupidity) and made arrangements for the boys to go to a rescue and the blind girl to the house rabbit people along with their rabbit and rat. (My friend now has Missy Snowball - the blind one - and she's doing great living with the house rabbits)

SIGH. :hair:

So Mabel is in isolation for a few more days. She's sad and I'm sure lonely. Vet check was good considering. Living with 10 males gawd knows she's most likely pregnant. They said all their other females died after giving birth - YA THINK?! Sheesh. 12 chinnies in one 5 foot metal leveled cage....for real?! Glad we could get them out of there.
Mabel is a sweet girl, she loves to just perch on my shoulder. She's your average light Grey with a cute soft while chin and belly. She does start shaking after being out too long, so we are taking our time.

You might want to tell your friend to separate the new chin from the rabbits. Rabbits can carry pyro-something or other (someone please help me with the name!) that can be deadly to chins. The rabbits carry it without any harm but chins can't survive it.

Congrats on getting Miss Mabel though. :)

Latest posts

Back