Welcome home, Sid!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

Today was a big day for the animals in our household!

My hamster babies are old enough to handle now so everybody got a short taming session and we moved all the hams into an upstairs bedroom with some new shelving so there are no longer 11 hamsters crammed onto the kitchen table ;)

Also, Silver and Dragon got upgraded to their super new cage! Two huge cabinets joined together with tunnels and lots of custom made fleece for Silver´s feet, they were so incredibly happy! I was worried they would be afraid of the new cage but they jumped all over the shelves making their happy noises as they explored, it made me so happy since I´ve only heard them make that noise when they get treats or are bouncing around during playtime.

.......and the biggest change of all was Sid! As I said in another post we have decided to add another boy to the family, we went with a trailer to see Sid and his cage today but the cage wasn´t too great so we just took the chin ;) I was going to wait until after Christmas to bring him home but with the hamster area cleaned out now there is room for him to have his quarantine in the kitchen area. It was a pleasure meeting him in his familiar surroundings, he was super friendly and came up for a chin scratch, arm up in the air and such a blissful expression on his face! When we got home he went straight inot Silver and Dragon´s old cage and he is pretty freaked, I reached in to give him a stick and he stood up and kacked at me so I´m just leaving him alone for now. Hoping that after a few days he remembers that he liked people and lets me give him a bit of a scratch again ;)

Here is another photo of him from his sale add, his old owners seemed really nice and we are keeping on touch via facebook so they can see how he is going.

0850124457.jpg

He is adorable, I am in love with him already. I left him alone for a few hours but before when I walked past his cage I saw that he had pulled up his fleece liner to block his tunnel, I went to fix it so he could go past and he came up to me and tilted his head so I got to scratch him for a few minutes, he got really into it and started lifting his front leg and twisting his head around. That´s gotta be the fastest turnaround ever!

Still going to take it super slow though but it´s pretty promising that he seems to be settling in well.

One thing, the food he came with is awful, mixed food that looks like cat food with rasins in it, I´ve picked out the rasins but the rest of it is pretty dubious so I´l going to switch him over to my Mästers pellets asap. He also came with a big bag of whole peanuts, I think he was getting a few per day, but that will now come to an end. I am certain that with the right diet and quality dust he will look a million bucks!

Lol, on the subject of money........ he cost the equivalent of about $100 USD, we have an epic loose change jar at home and didnt have time to go to the bank before picking him up so had to pay the whole amount using only coins. Embarassing!!

Omg ha on the coin purchase.

Cute guy! I would cold turkey switch his food, give him lots of hay and if you can find acidophilous caplets break them open and sprinkle on the new food. That will help his tummy adjust.

Omg ha on the coin purchase.

Cute guy! I would cold turkey switch his food, give him lots of hay and if you can find acidophilous caplets break them open and sprinkle on the new food. That will help his tummy adjust.

I cold switched him this morning since I couldnt stand to look at his awful mix anymore, he ate loads of hay last night and some of the Mästers pellets that I left out for him so I sprinkled Lifeline over today´s feed and gave it to him this morning.

Such a friendly little guy already, while I was messing with his cage he kept coming up to look at my hand, sniff it and beg for scratches. He is obsessed with his cuddle buddy too, must be a nice change to smell other chins after spending his whole life with a cat and rabbit for playmates.

Latest posts

Back