Welcome home, Ruby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistywaterwoman

Pooper Scooper
On Monday my sweet new baby Ruby came home! She's a Lowe Recessive White bred by Christiane of Sapphires Chinchillas in Montreal. Christiane drove her down to NY and put her on a plane to me!

She is 4.5 months old, and is just a darling little ball of energy! She's still settling in a bit, but will give me lots of whiskers kisses in the middle of the night when she is feeling brave, lol.

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

This makes my 6th and final chin, again.

Omg she is a beauty! Hopefully sometime in the next few months I can get a little boy like that. Congrats :)

Again! I've heard that before! She's beautiful!! Hopefully arranging the plane flight wasn't too bad. Great name for her as well. :D

Get on Christiane's waiting list, that is what I did, lol!!

The plane arrangements weren't too bad, once I settled on an airline. I went with Continental (which is now United btw) because that is what everyone here recommended, and they use a company called PetSafe. The reps were SO nice and helpful and I must have called them a dozen times trying to figure out the best date and time, and the carrier requirements, etc. We had to wait until the temps were low enough to do this, too, since I'm so far south.
The whole thing went pretty smoothly, considering it was a first time experience for both me and Christiane. Ruby made it safe and sound, although she was one p.o.'ed little princess when I got her out of the carrier! Oh, the squeakies she made! LOL!!

A dustbath when we got home fixed her right up, though. :)

That's a really interesting color. Are the hairs tipped with tan or gold like it appears in the picture?

Back