Weird

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabiannRamona

Ramona keeps on dumping her food bowl over and throwing her house around and making a big mess in her cage, she hasn't done this before is there any reason why she would be doing this all of a sudden? the only thing ive noticed is that she now will allow me to pick her up and rub her and touch her on the back w/o making a sequel noise.

She has decided it is time to be a brat now - typical chin. Can't tell you how many times I have arranged a cage and a chin or two re-arranges it - too many to count

Lol I agree with Mt. Zion Chins. My chin Emmy also started moving and rearranging her furniture. She somehow carried her cardboard tube stuffed with hay from the upstairs level of her FN all the way to the downstairs level. No idea how she did it without having all the hay fall out lol but it's completely normal so there's nothing to worry about.

I see you joined in June, is you chin food that old? I buy the 20 lbs sack of Purina Rabbit Chow Show and after 5-6weeks they start tossing it more then before. That's my clue to get a new bag. Can't blame the critters...have you ever eaten stale 6 week old potato chips? blech

Isn't it amazing what these little fuzz balls can carry around. Before I bolted everything down in their room, they actually rearrange their furniture :rofl:
My girls has a talent of knowing how to unscrew the bell off her hanging toy so the goodies can drop off for easy access. It's not fun having to screw 4-5 hanging toys back up every morning and night.

It is totally amazing what they can move. I have even put a brick in front of a bowl to try and stop them moving it. They moved the brick and the bowl - little buggers

I see you joined in June, is you chin food that old? I buy the 20 lbs sack of Purina Rabbit Chow Show and after 5-6weeks they start tossing it more then before. That's my clue to get a new bag. Can't blame the critters...have you ever eaten stale 6 week old potato chips? blech

i bought her a new bag of food about a month ago i seal it tight to keep it fresh.

She's just a Diva then, :)
Speaking of amazing moving talents I had a giant restaurant size (like 7lbs) can of cranberry sauce I put on a cage floor to use as a perch. Do you know that just one 800 gram chinny can shove that thing anywhere on her floor. I removed it of course.

That's a really good point, and also why I keep my food in an air and water tight container. Keeps it super fresh, it smells like the day I bought it. :D

Dont you love how when you first bolted down their homes they still attempt to move them. The day after I bolted everything I noticed teeth like indentation on all the furniture :laughitup:

By far the funniest thing I ever saw was Maia trying to move MY queen sized bed after I dropped it down so she couldn't get under it. She shoved all of the pillows off the bed, tried to move the comforter, dug at the mattress, kicked the box spring a few times, dug at the carpet, and FINALLY tried with all her might to grab it by the "corner" and pull it towards her. After spending 15 minutes examining every inch of that bed, she gave me the stink eye, jumped up on the nightstand, kicked an empty cup across the room, and went off to sulk. I was quite literally rolling on the floor laughing.

By far the funniest thing I ever saw was Maia trying to move MY queen sized bed after I dropped it down so she couldn't get under it. She shoved all of the pillows off the bed, tried to move the comforter, dug at the mattress, kicked the box spring a few times, dug at the carpet, and FINALLY tried with all her might to grab it by the "corner" and pull it towards her. After spending 15 minutes examining every inch of that bed, she gave me the stink eye, jumped up on the nightstand, kicked an empty cup across the room, and went off to sulk. I was quite literally rolling on the floor laughing.

That's absolutely hilarious!!! HAHA!

My chinchillas never really seem interested in moving more than their food bowl, but everything big is bolted to the cage and their house has wood on all 4 interior corners keeping it from falling off the shelf it's on.

Airyn that is absolutely hilarious:hilarious:
Oh you should've had that on video, america's funniest chinchilla video award would be yours for sure.

Back