Weird jumps during playtime.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonniemorris

Mummy to 3 mad chinnies!
Today, Mr. Pickle and myself had a really energetic playtime (now he's having some downtime).
And for the first time he's really ran and hopped around properly since I got him last Saturday, because I think he's now feeling comfortable in his new environment.
During our playtime he was doing a twitchy thing when he was jumping, not every time but in the middle of some jumps. It looked adorable, but it's hard to describe it, is this normal?
He was also scratching at my carpet and rolling on it as if he was in his bath, I thought it was very cute, but is this normal too?

I've just youtubed popcorning and that's exactly what he was doing, phew! I was worried he wasn't well or something!
Thank you : )

sounds like he was enjoying himself :)) gotta get a video of playtime next time, eh?

i wonder, have you recently done your carpets with the baking soda/vacuum routine? may be a long shot, but might explain why he was trying to 'bathe' on the carpet? lol.

I'll definitely have to video it next time, it's nice to know he's happy.. being a first time owner is scary, I don't want to do anything wrong haha.

I haven't done anything to my carpet lately, maybe there were some traces of his dust on it... since he makes a big mess after a bath, it goes everywhere!

My girl will go into her playhouse and try to dust on the carpet. She does it all the time. I have a strange one.

but Cindy, if these furbutts were any less strange in their own individual quirky ways, then things would definitely not be right with the world, lol.

AWWS!!!

My baby does that on my sheets when i turn the blankets down, and he digs and burrows. It's to dang cute! After he peeps and comes and sits on my lap.:hug2:

mine do that often to. They also will occsaionly roll around in their aspin bedding like its a sand bath. Not sure why

if you're concerned with the mess a dustbath causes, its almost impossible to avoid! I use a large plastic container with a lid with breathing holes. It's perfect because it is large enough for them to run around and stand up in, and reduces the amount of mess.
Some pet stores sell those, but if you can't find it, a large tupperware box with a lid can work too!

or a good size cardboard box put upside down over the dust bowl, with a little door cut into the cardboard box for them to go in. you'll still get dust all over the floor inside the box, but at least it stays in the box! lol.

You should check out the Handbag thread.

Annie's Handbag is the absolutely most excited and happy to be popcorning chin I have EVER seen!!! He has such joy and at times he looks like a little kangaroo!!!

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20059

You can start at the beginning, or go to Youtube and look for Handbag the Chinchilla -- i subscribed to Annie's Youtube videos so I don't miss a new one!!! :thumbsup:

Back