Weird Best Friends?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruezer

I had to keep my chinchilla at my boyfriend's house for a few months because of some drama with my last roommate. My boyfriend is an avid bird lover and has a cockatiel living with him. At first, the bird and the chinchilla were terrified of each other. After about a week, the bird would land on my chinchilla's cage and start talking to him, and when I'd let my chinchilla out to play, he and the bird would almost play tag with each other- it was adorable! I felt kinda bad having to split them up after I found a new roommate.

Does anyone else's chin have a weird/ nonchin best friend like that?

That's super cute! I would be careful about letting them near each other though, never know what could happen.

My chin is very unsoical, I'm guessing she's been a single chin her whole life, 6 years. She's had dogs bark at her and almost bite her living with other people. Now with me, no animals come in the room while she's out, and even when she's inside her cage, I keep the cats and dogs away from the cage because she tries to spray them.

Nonchin best friend.. do people count? :D jkjk, she's my little baby though, and she's even warming up to my mom. Not my brother though, but I guess you can classify him as a animal LOL.

Awww, poor little thing! Maybe she's just shy ^^ Bartlebee started out really shy, then funny enough, he started warming up to people more after he made friends with the bird. Now he's a little social butterfly- he'll let anyone pet him and he LOVES to explore new people during play time. Your little girl will come around in her own time :)

Back