Weights

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybug29

Hey! I just weighed Mace and Khaki for the first time and wanted to share. Mace is 325g and Khaki is 475. They are both about the same physical size. What do your hedgies normally weigh in at? I've heard up to 600 so I'm not worried, I'm just curious. And my odometers didn't come in today, UGH!

Sad news on the odometers!

My smallest has been 295, my largest 850. I once calculated the average of 12 hedgehogs I have had and it was about 600g. But I have had larger than "average" hedgehogs over the years, if I recaculated with the last 12 it would be much lower due to the two 330 g "minis" (my own term, they just feel tiny to me). The largest I've ever met was 1100 grams.

Now that 850 gram hedgehog of mine was a bit fluffy, but when she passed she was somewhere around 725g and was skinny. She was just a massive hedgehog.

If they have the thinner runner body style (they kinda look like twinkies on stilts), I have often found the hedgehog to be a bit on the lighter side.

Holy cow, 1100!!! That is a huge hedgie!!! Mace is a fat twinky on stilts. He's a bit rounded, but still that oblong-ish shape.

What the heck did I pay 1 day shipping for if the odometers still aren't here!?!?

Hooked up a new odometer last night. By morning the magnet (which had been securely attached to the wheel) had been removed and kicked to the side. It would have taken hours of effort to remove. Greyson has therefore expressed exactly what he thinks about me tracking his progress.

Oh wonderful! My odometers have finally gotten here. When I awake them up for play with me time I'll attempt to hook them up. I'll try and get a picture when I figure it out.

Good luck! I cannot wait to see what you come up with and how far your little ones run.

Please share where you got odometers for the wheel, I have have been wanting to track how long she is awake for/ how much she runs for quite awhile.
Mine weighs in the 600 grams range, the vet informed me she was obese. As owning her is the first time I have ever seen a hedgehog in person I have no idea what body shape is supposed to be like and like here everywhere I read says it depends on the hedgehog as to their weight. She is more shaped like a pear than a twinkie, but she can still curl into a ball which I also heard was very important

Latest posts

Back