weight

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those weights are pretty low for their age, but that may just be my opinion.

However, I think they are not uncommon or anything to be alarmed about as long as they are eating and drinking well.

Last edited:
They'll grow. I think approximately 300g at ten weeks is perfect. Give them alfalfa hay if you're worried, that'll fatten them up. My Lucy was very small at that age and she just caught up.

That article has so much wrong in it. 200 grams is low for a weaning weight. Mine are usually 250 to 300 grams at 8 weeks and are over 300 grams at 10 weeks which is the age I sell them at.

That article has so much wrong in it. 200 grams is low for a weaning weight. Mine are usually 250 to 300 grams at 8 weeks and are over 300 grams at 10 weeks which is the age I sell them at.

Agreed. I think that weight is low. How big is their cage? Are they getting playtime? Do they have a wheel?

they have the single critter nation right now I closed off the second floor.
they don't have a wheel and are only getting about 10 min for playtime.

Since they are on the small side, I would stop the play times and wait until they are older to start back up again. When you do begin again start slowly with 5 minutes every other day and monitor their weights to make sure that they are continuing to grow.

Back