Weight gain?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

How can I put some weight back on my chin?
He has been through a lot recently(possible stasis, bloat, giardia, a seizure, and a dental trim) and is having trouble putting on weight. While I have been hand feeding him throughout this whole ordeal, he actually hasn't gained any weight. He lost about 100g initially before everything happened and he had maintained/gained some weight... Only to lose all the weight he gained because it was only gas weight. :facepalm:
He's finally started eating/drinking on his own so I am hoping he can put some weight on himself. He HATES lifeline... Absolutely hates it. He will purposely spit everything else out if I try to give him some so that's not an option.
I have the Fuzzieskingom appetite/weight gain supplement as well.

I personally just let them gain their own weight back with just their feed and hay, I already feed loose alfalfa so that usually helps due to the higher protein. Since this little dude has been through so much, I would keep his diet simple and let him gain naturally.

I've been mixing alfalfa in with his timothy hay since he was more likely to eat it that way.
He's just so underweight, I hate it. :/ Should I leave out the fuzzieskindom supplements then? He really likes them and I've been giving him some just to entice him to eat more on his own.

Okay, thank you so much! You've been such a big help with all of this. I really appreciate it :]

Latest posts

Back