weight gain

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoiFish

~MMP~
I didn't really know where to put this, but since Mochi is my first chinchilla I thought starting a thread here would be okay.

So far, I had her for about 3 month now (she was 3 month old when I got her) and she did gain a good amount weight. But suddenly her weight stayed around 300g.

I am a bit worried, because I seen other chinchilla who are lot heavier and bigger then her (all at the same age range). And I would feel better if I can get her weight to increase a little bit more.

Is there any advice on how to let your chinchilla gain some weight?

thanks

Not all chins are large--if you could give us some more information about her, such as where did you get her from--a petstore or breeder. What color chin is she? What type of food are you feeding her?

Some of the mutations chins can be smaller. I have a violet boy who is small, but I have a white mosaic girl who is very large. Chins can weigh anywhere from 450grams to 1100 or more grams.

Are you noticing any changes in her? Is she eatting all her pellets and hay on a daily basis?

If you could answer some of these questions it might be easier to give you the answer you need.

If she was 3 months old when you got her and you have had her for 3 months then she would be 6 months old. If she is 6 months old 300 grams is very small. The first thing I would do is check your scale. If it uses batteries replace them.

I agree, 300 g. for a 6 month old chinchilla is small. More information may be helpful :). Hopefully your scale is just not functioning properly.

Back