weight fluxuate

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vcchinchilla

my boy Mei Mei has been loosing some weight I know i'm not suppose to weight them every week but it looks as if he's loosing 2g every week or week and half

he eats the same pellets and hay the same amount. hay is always given never empty.

he's still as chubby as ever maybe a little slim down on his big belly

how much do chins fluxuate before cause of concern ?

Would have to know how many weeks he has been losing weight. Weight loss would be the first indication of problems if you don't see any physical evidence of something wrong though. I would think about a vet visit to be on the safe side if you feel he is still loosing.

it's sound scary that both my babies might have problem

meimei has been loosing weight since
feb 29 @ 579g

april1 @ 567

thats a sure sign for vet =(

Just a side note, there can be seasonal fluctuations in a chinchillas weight as well. Many of them lose weight over the warmer months of the year. As long as they gain it back it does not always indicate an issue.

Make sure that you weigh your chinchilla at the same time each day to account for daily fluctuations that can be influenced by food and/or water intake. A chins weight can vary throughout the day based on intake.

sent meimei to the vet today
he did have one of the back tooth?teeth? growing towards the tongue
he got filed down
and after his groggy ness one or both of the two ate almost all the hay in the box

which has never happen before

hoping to send him for xrays 6months from now

thanks for everyone input ^_^

Latest posts

Back