Weigh Ins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessa.31

Hey there,
Well I dont know how often to weigh your hedgie, i weigh him everytime i clean his cage, i also write it down, and keep a chart, so i can keep track, i weigh Aiden about 2 times a week. Is that to much or 2 little? Is their a certain time when its better to weigh them?? ect
Thanks,
Tessa

That's fine. Really it doesn't matter when you weigh but try and keep it consistent. Also, if he poops before you weigh him, write it down as a good poop can be a difference of 25 grams.

If he is ever sick, weighing morning and night is good to do to keep an even more accurate track of weight loss. Doing it twice daily gives variations in weight which are normal but if the highs keep dropping, then you know he is loosing weight.

I weigh mine daily. For me, I weigh them first thing in the morning. I figure they have had the entire evening to be active and eat, and I'm most likely to get the most consistent weight reading for mine. Plus I do leg and body checks to ensure no one got hurt during the evening activities.

Latest posts

Back