websites

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good website company to create a websife with ? I'd like to start up my own page after I get all of my animals settled in . Any suggestions? I'd like one that is relatively easy but looks nice at the same time. Of course I'd like to be advertised on the web also when people search . Thanks.

It depends what you want to pay and how popular you would like to be. There are many great free ones that many members from here have, and there are some other smaller companies that you can find as well. I went with Volusion myself for my store.

There are also shopify, yahoo stores and many others, I would suggest that you purchase your domain name first from GoDaddy, they are one of the best, then choose what company you would want. You can Google e-cart software or companies and find tons. They all have good and bad things, and it also depends if you just want to take Paypal and/or credit cards. I thought it was going to take about 3 weeks but it ended up taking almost two months before I opened my store. Also depending on how much you want to sell you will have to purchase a business license. There are state and federal regulations you must follow. I went through LegalZoom.com for a sole proprietorship. If you want to take the easy way and avoid all this legal red tape, you can sell on ebay depending on the amount you sell you usually do not need all that other stuff. hope this helps.

I use Lunarpages for my site and Ronda's store, and recommend them. They have templates and you can pick and design the pages if you don't know how to do it by hand.

I have never had good luck with GoDaddy, and they annoy me when they park ads all over the domain names that you paid for.

I recommend registering your name (whatever.com) through the host that you get your webpage service with. It will be a lot easier in the long run. Most charge between $15 - $20 per year for the name and $3-$15/month for the site.

I use Lunarpages for my site and Ronda's store, and recommend them. They have templates and you can pick and design the pages if you don't know how to do it by hand.

I have never had good luck with GoDaddy, and they annoy me when they park ads all over the domain names that you paid for.

I recommend registering your name (whatever.com) through the host that you get your webpage service with. It will be a lot easier in the long run. Most charge between $15 - $20 per year for the name and $3-$15/month for the site.

Hello Sppof,

I agree it is easier to register through your host, and Lunar is a good one. I had a friend who had a website on there for a very long time. The reason I suggested to register your domain with GoDaddy, is it gives you more control. There are times where it will be difficult to obtain your registered domain name through a different host because they did it for you. Which means they have the password and information that they used to register. I had this experience when I was running a forum such as this for gaming. When I was unhappy with my host, it took me over a month to finally obtain this information from the host, who had registered it with GoDaddy anyways.

The reason I suggested to register your domain with GoDaddy, is it gives you more control. There are times where it will be difficult to obtain your registered domain name through a different host because they did it for you. Which means they have the password and information that they used to register. I had this experience when I was running a forum such as this for gaming. When I was unhappy with my host, it took me over a month to finally obtain this information from the host, who had registered it with GoDaddy anyways.
That is an unusual case. I do this frequently at work at it should never take more than 48 hours in working days for them to initialize the process, then it can take up to 72 hours to complete. It is regulated and you can get them in trouble as registrars if they give you grief.

Lunarpages and GoDaddy are the same as far as transfers, you have full control of your domain name. Lunarpages just has less crap to wade through. I hate ads.

Yahoo home builder is another easy basic package. Not so much control but the people I've moved to bigger e-commerce sites loved what they offered when they started.

Latest posts

Back