Website for my toys?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight Chinchillas

Zookeeper extraordinaire
So I'm sitting here with another case of insomnia and looking over my thread on the for sale page. I get a lot of people that look at my website for my chins and ask about how to order or where all the pictures are of the toys.
Well, that site is mainly for the chins, and I am limited to only 50 pictures, because I am a cheapo and it's a free site! lol I'm debating on whether to pay extra and maybe have more photo abilities, or to make a separate website just for my toys and houses, etc?
I still prefer people contact me, and make their orders and don't want the whole shopping cart thing, but want it to be easy for everyone to navigate and see my products. So should I make another one, or add to the existing one that was made primarily for my chinchillas?
Will need some help coming up with creative and easy to remember names for some of the regular toys I make! Like the 3 and 5 layered toys, and so forth.
OK done rambling in the middle of the night! I think I just turned into a big ol' pumpkin! Well, at least my bald head feels like I have! lol

If you don't want to pay for the extra pictures, you could make a 2nd site and link them. It would be nice to see all of your toy examples all in one place.

agreed, it'd definitely be nice to see all the things you do. and for the shopping cart thing if you don't want them to do that you could always tell them to email you. like look at your site and then email you with whatever they want.

I agree. I often don't buy toys from someone if they don't have a website of some sort showing me the goods. :D

Its certainly nice to have a website showing you even just the same thing. I know I prefer having the people come to me as I usually have some sort of offer going on or can knock a few $ off from the end total. I wouldn't be able to this using carts and whatnot.

But maybe mine is a different case, I am building a new website and did have the space problem..I have my domain name and used free website builders to build the site and then linked the both up.

So now I am moving my website...I can have a look for a free, with no limited space, website builder where they have apps and whatnot you download with oneclick for you if you like..But then you would have to have a domain page to link it on to. This is the easier option.

I'm a bit computer, let alone website illiterate! I have to keep things simple! lol I will look further into the website. I have been using bravehost, but sure hate all the advertising!

you could always put an album on facebook of your items. and post price and name with that picture and then if someone wants something then have them pm you. i think it'd be quite easy, plus its free, and it's not hard to use :)

you could always put an album on facebook of your items. and post price and name with that picture and then if someone wants something then have them pm you. i think it'd be quite easy, plus its free, and it's not hard to use :)

That is a very good idea! I already have facebook page for Twilight Chinchillas! I could easily label all my toys, and put prices down! Hmmm

How about an Etsy acct?? Check with annieo here.That's how she sells her fleece alot now!:)

I had someone else suggest that, but I kind of want to keep it slow, or simple for now, but maybe once I am at 100% I might actually consider it! It is becoming a very popular site for sales, that is for sure! :)

cause i know when i get my chin (february:( ) i'd love to order things from you. but i also am one of them people that has to see the product and price before i order it lol

thats okay, i've got until february and on to order things from you :)
definitely will order one of the beds and custom house sometime in the future. i love them!

i think the facebook is a good idea. probably look for you. but in general, if there can be a site or place to view the toys, it be great. I love seeing them before making purchases. =D

I like the set up so far Christine. Are you gonna add your bluegrass wreath and toss toys too? You have such good stuff, we will all be broke!

Love the new site! Great way to show your toys and prices without having everyone always asking you and will save you time to make more toys, hehe

Yes i will have more toys, like the wreaths etc on there. I just need to get onto the other computer where all my files and pictures are!

Christine,

I think doing both the face book and adding another website would be best. That way you get overall coverage. Just don't forget to post here too!

Ronda

Latest posts

Back