Weather and Chin Behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_2013

Is it just Elle, or do a lot of chins calm at night during storms?

Hope everyone is staying safe during all this bad weather! I'm straight in the middle of it in East Texas, we have 4 flood warnings, a flash flood watch and warning. And an Areal Flood Advisery.

Last edited:
It's funny you posted this because there was a huge thunder storm about 2 weeks ago and the girls were soo calm and composed as I franticly ran to them thinking they were going to be scared... I got the "crazy lady" look.. Smh

Oldish thread, but I'm happy I saw this, 'cause we got a good storm here yesterday and I noticed my little boy wasn't as active as usual and got kind of worried. Glad to see it's normal behavior!

Rosey doesn't seem to notice thunderstorms at all...
maybe because she senses that they dont frighten mummy, so she figures there's no need to be worry!

along time ago there was a small earthquake here I felt smth but didnt know what
neither did my chin .... more like he didn't notice at all
no one knew till tv/ other ppl told us

We had some terrible winds about a week ago, enough to break off a huge branch from one of our trees outside. I guess it hit the power line right under it, because our power went off. We didn't know it, but we were the only ones in the neighborhood without power, so after about 8 hours of sitting in the dark we finally called someone up to fix the line.

Silly chin slept right through the winds, then was begging to come out in the pitch black room LOL. She's a little trooper, storms with her are so easy. Can't say the same for the rest of our pets though, I'm more scared then her LOL.

Back