Water Bottles

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamspirit

Luv All Animals
How well do these bottles work? Do they leak alot and would they work on a critter/ferret nation cage?

Attachments

• breedingrun.jpg
    breedingrun.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 58
I have never used that kind of water bottle, but I do have a glass one that goes inside my Ferret Nation cage and is a super pet one. I have never had an issue with it and it has never leaked. My chins seem to like it. I change the water every two days because it is almost gone by then! Ha ha.

I hope someone else on here has seen or used the ones you have pictured. They look easy to replace for sure :)

I have the same water bottle listed above, the one with the floating ducky in it to show the water level, and it works great. Not sure about the ones in the picture as I can't tell the brand or any details about them o_O

I use those water bottles on most of my cages. The only thing you have to be careful of is that you have a horizontal bar to hang it on. The holders have hooks that slip over the bars and it won't work if your bars are vertical.

I absolutely swear by these bottles. They are really easy to clean with a baby bottle scrubber or pop them in your dishwasher.

Mine don't leak. You just need to be sure the top is in tight so it doesn't come off, but that usually happens in my cages where the chins are complete spazzes and they wall surf.

Godofgods and Tunes voiced my concerns. Our little guys are in our room and are TOTAL SPAZES. Like, wall surf up and down their cage all the time! They stay away from their water though because it is tucked in the corner. With those, I would be afraid of them trying to wall surf and getting wet as well as me being a spaz and clipping it myself ha ha!

I have a Ferret Nation and use that bottle. My biggest problem is when I first got it, it laid more horizontal than vertical in the wire holder. Wally managed to chew off and probably eat some of the black rubber :( We fixed the problem though.

It's a lot better than Superpet bottles. I've had those leak all over the cage, and also stop working all together. So my chins didn't have water for a day and I had no clue. Fortunately when I got home that day and walked into the chin room, Orville ran towards the door of his cage and looked up at me. He then licked the bottle a few times and looked up at me again expectedly. Then I realized it wasn't working. He was so smart :)

Back