Water Bottles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle43

My chin came with a water bottle that "leaked", I bought a glass one today and it leaks too. By leaking I mean a drop every 30 seconds.

I attached it correctly and even messed with other ways but it still leaks.

Any advice or recommendations?

Some brands are better than others. I like the Lixit bottles (turtle floaty inside), and had crap luck with Super Pet (ducky floaty inside). If you can find one of the Edstrom Water Buddy bottles-- buy it! They've stopped producing them and I'm kicking my own keister that I never bought a second... and then left the one I had with my ex. :(

My Super Pet glass bottles leak a little bit. I had another kind I bought at Petco. They're light blue and fill from the top and attach with a c-clip on the outside of the cage...my chins don't like those. I think they're too hard to get the water out. I just went and bought Lixit bottles Saturday and just kept my old ones in case of emergency. So far the Lixit's haven't leaked.

I also had bad luck with a Super Pet bottle ( kept leaking!). Bought a Lix-It bottle & it works fine :)

I switched to Ryerson style glass bottles and will never go back to anything else...they are wonderful!

The Super Pet glass bottles are finicky, but I read on here that if you fill them not-quite-full (like an inch from the top), put the cap on tightly, turn them "right side up" (like when the chin will drink out of it) and shake them, the vacuum sets up pretty well and they don't leak. Does that help?

The one I bought is a super pet I guess. It has a duck inside. Not that I care but even the duck doesn't float upright.

I will purchase one of the recommended bottles tomorrow online.

Thank you all for your input.

The Super Pet glass bottles are finicky, but I read on here that if you fill them not-quite-full (like an inch from the top), put the cap on tightly, turn them "right side up" (like when the chin will drink out of it) and shake them, the vacuum sets up pretty well and they don't leak. Does that help?

Thanks, I will try this.

Ryerson's web site has the Edstrom water buddies. If you do get it you need to get a shield. Sarah (RCR, qualitymutation) has shields on her web site.

Back