Water bottle?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

I'm tired of fighting with the current one I have and every other I buy seems to leak...

Any recommendations?

Hi I hear people having problems with a lot well I have never tried this but it is a way to (burp) your bottle if its glass.

There is a secret to burping water bottles so they don't leak. If you get the glass kind, make sure you fill it all the way to the tippy top, put on the screw lid, turn it in place and shake it to get all the air bubbles out of the sippy spout. Tap the ball or opening a couple of times to be sure the water is flowing correctly. Then, without turning it over again, place it on your cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do use glass or I cover it in fleece.

No matter what I do, I always get bad bottles. I finally managed to get one with a valve that doesn't leak. It's plastic so I had to cover it with fleece, but it works well.

I finally broke down and am trying a Lixit bottle. So far so good. I have 2 Kaytee glass bottles in their cage too, and they leak. There is a little fill line and it's about an inch down from top. Once I filled it completely to the top and they weren't drinking from it. I checked it, and to my surprise no water was coming out when I tapped the ball. So they were not able to drink from that one. So when I emptied some out to the "fill line" it flowed better. But it leaves again. The Lixit glass bottle is better, imo.

Latest posts

Back