Water Bottle Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimichi

Has anyone ever used these water bottles?

I mean they seem really nice, but I just don't quite understand how they work?? So if anyone has any input on these bottles, please explain to me how they work. I have a regular Super Pet glass bottle, but it's starting to leak even more than it already does, so I've been searching for something better.

They have a little nozzle in them instead of a ball that the chin wiggles and water is released. They are similar to the Edstrom bottles which everyone seemed to love, but you can't really find them anymore. If your chins can reach the plastic portion, I'd recommend investing in a metal bottle protector. My chins are notorious for reaching through cages and chewing a small single hole in plastic bottles...

I have a guinea pig friend who bought these bottles for her piggies but they couldn't get any water out of them. It happened with all 3 of her bottles.

They have a little nozzle in them instead of a ball that the chin wiggles and water is released. They are similar to the Edstrom bottles which everyone seemed to love, but you can't really find them anymore. If your chins can reach the plastic portion, I'd recommend investing in a metal bottle protector. My chins are notorious for reaching through cages and chewing a small single hole in plastic bottles...

I have a guinea pig friend who bought these bottles for her piggies but they couldn't get any water out of them. It happened with all 3 of her bottles.

Hm, maybe I should just buy a smaller one for now to make sure it works? I wouldn't want to spend $20 on a bottle and it not work. D:

Thank you though! I honestly couldn't figure out how they worked for the life of me.

If you do end up buying it from Petsmart, just keep your receipt. They have a pretty lenient return policy so long as your have the receipt..it's either 60 or 90 days. Her bottles stopped working within a week of getting them.

If you do end up buying it from Petsmart, just keep your receipt. They have a pretty lenient return policy so long as your have the receipt..it's either 60 or 90 days. Her bottles stopped working within a week of getting them.

That's probably what I'll do then. Thank you!

I've considered getting the same bottles but instead just stick with the glass ones since they can't get chewed up. If they are starting to leak more though there might be a slight build up of gunk around the tip of the bottle where they drink from. Cleaning that spot really well always solves my leaky super pet bottles. If the ball can't sit properly in the tube it will allow it to leak.

I've considered getting the same bottles but instead just stick with the glass ones since they can't get chewed up. If they are starting to leak more though there might be a slight build up of gunk around the tip of the bottle where they drink from. Cleaning that spot really well always solves my leaky super pet bottles. If the ball can't sit properly in the tube it will allow it to leak.

I actually never thought about that. I have two of them, and switch them out regularly to get washed, but maybe I just need to really scrub them down. I usually just pop them in the dishwasher then rinse them thoroughly, several times, with scalding hot water to make sure all the soap is out. But I'll definitely try that to see if it solves my problem, thank you!

Also, if you don't fill the bottle completely, they have a tendency to leak. Make sure the bottle is completely filled, put the cap on, then tap the ball bearing a couple of times. This will make a good vacuum seal and the bottle (theoretically) shouldn't leak.

Also, if you don't fill the bottle completely, they have a tendency to leak. Make sure the bottle is completely filled, put the cap on, then tap the ball bearing a couple of times. This will make a good vacuum seal and the bottle (theoretically) shouldn't leak.

Yeah I've tried that method with said bottle and it still leaks. It either needs a good scrubbing or is just broken, unfortunately. Thank you though! c:

I was using those bottles for one of my chins for a while, up until recently. I don't really understand how they work, but never had any dripping issues with it. Unfortunately one of my chins never figured out how to use it so I never could switch both of my boys to them. The other one had to have a guard to keep him from eating the bottle, as he eats everything he can get his teeth on. He's chinchilla to the core.
I just went back to glass bottles for both since I can finally buy some locally

Latest posts

Back