• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Water bottle guards

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

I am having some metal water bottle guards made. The picture below is what they look like. They have a screw, washer & wing nut. I will be selling these for $8.50 each. They will be available to ship next week. I will bring some to the Washington Show.

Attachments

• PA250017 (520x390).jpg
    PA250017 (520x390).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 11
These are my FAVORITE bottle guards. They work with both Edstrom Water Buddies and the Lixit Quick Fill bottles. I love these! I have never had problems with these guards...mine have lasted 5 years and have no rust...and I've never had a chewed bottle!

Glad to see someone is having them made again :thumbsup:

Thanks Ryan for the information. These guards will fit the 8 oz and 16 oz bottles. I am not sure if they will fit the 32 oz ones.

Can you post a picture of how they fit on the bottles?

Only ones I managed to locate (in Canada) did not go up high enough to protect the lids.

I don't know why the picture is not opening.

The new cost is $7.00 ea

They will hold 8 and 16 oz bottles. I will find out next week if a 32 oz will work.

Last edited:
Hey Nan,

We loved the guards! They were EXACTLY what we have been looking for!

We need 1 more, and if you are able to make/sell the replacement holder spring things, we could use 2 of those :)

Thanks for letting me know. Glad they worked out for you. The springs I can get maybe in about 2 weeks if that is fine with you.

Back