warning calls when asleep. SO CUTE!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyhertford

Just sitting here watching the telly and surfing, and lil Cesare who was perfectly asleep and looking adorable started making the warning call - I wonder what he's dreaming about?

Does anyone elses chins do this when they're asleep?

I just melted into a ball of epic cuteness.#:) :dance3:

I wake up every time my little guy does this in the night. It tends to be around 2:30 am. I've stopped checking on him though...

He also tends to give the warning call/bark when I'm home on the weekends and making too much noise for him to sleep.

phew. I thought it was just him xD

He did it the other day when my other half was playing the new RE6 demo and I was all "HE'S TAKING ON ZOMBIE CHINCHILLAS HUFJSDKHSK"

So cute!!! I just wanted to hug him!!!! He's not done it at daft o clock for a while now thankfully, when he first did it at silly o clock he made us jump and we both went in to check on him and he was sat there quite happily knibbling on his wood bridge :)

Awh, wonder what your little guy was dreaming about. =)
I've heard my chinnies make the occasional bark or squeak when they are in a deep sleep. It's nothing to be worried about.

Mr. Bleeps also does this while sleeping. I catch it when I'm up in the living room really late at night. Before I knew what it was I thought it was a lonely call and thought I should get him a friend. Now I assume he's fighting some epic battle in his sleep. He's got such a little man complex. So cute!

Sidenote - I got this toy rubber chicken for an aunt's dog. We were cracking up cause it sounds EXACTLY like the warning call. I didn't notice what effect it would have on Bleeps. He wouldn't come out of his cage (even if wide open) and wouldn't let us pet him for a whole day.

amp barks in her sleep quite a bit, and it took a while for me to make the connection that she sounds *exactly* like the dog toys with the squeaker in them. I don't know what she dreams about, but the way her ears twitch and her nose goes a mile a minute makes me think it must be pretty intense. I've only ever seen her little paws kicking like she was running while napping, but it was the cutest thing in the history of cute and I melted as well xD

Mine do this sometimes in their sleep too, it always scares the bajeezus out of me since I'm usually sitting in silence when they do it.

My chins don't do it when they're asleep, though I suppose it's a lucky thing. Sometimes I'll be listening to music and they'll just start barking. It's quite funny.

Wow... mine does this as well. Cotton is usually pretty quiet but has moments of squeaking and, for some reason, my heart always drops and I think there's something wrong. It's comforting to know others do it and there's no serious issue. I've gotten up in the middle of the night many times just to check as it freaks me out.

Maybe I worry too much.....

Just sitting here watching the telly and surfing, and lil Cesare who was perfectly asleep and looking adorable started making the warning call - I wonder what he's dreaming about?

Does anyone elses chins do this when they're asleep?

I just melted into a ball of epic cuteness.#:) :dance3:

Mine do this as well fairly often. I've always wondered what they're dreaming about. Maybe it's back in the days when Chinchillas ruled the earth? :D

Sprocket barks in her sleep on occasion. Sometimes she'll wake up and look around to see if anyone heard her!

Usually when amp sleep barks I'm awake and go give her scritches to wake her up/calm her down, but occasionally if I'm in bed or have my hands full she'll keep it up and do the same thing. Barks herself awake, then pops up on her back paws and does a quick inspection of the room and her cage to see if anythings there, then lays back down and sleeps again, its absurdly adorable.

Latest posts

Back