Ware Popup Playpen Fun

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annamageddon

After some research I purchased the Ware Popup Playpen for my chin to play in during cleanings. It's so much fun! She was running all round and seemed to really be enjoying herself. After I finished cleaning I went and sat with her and she crawled all over me! She's so sweet. When she's in the pen she's very curious about what's outside and up so she jumps on your hand when you put it in front of her. I've only had her a few weeks and this was our first real playtime together :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
We have this one too and I love it! It's easy to store and to set up, and there is plenty of room for safe, fun playtime.

She is adorable. The more time you spend with her, the more she'll be at ease with you during playtime.

Yes it is very easy to store! I love it and it's perfect for me since I live in an apartment and like to keep the mess contained. I've been very cautious about approaching my chin since she's still new to me. However she's just so outgoing! She'll literally jump on me when I open her cage door. It's a little nerve racking cause I don't want her to get hurt but were both getting more comfortable with each other :) I'm glad I found CnH!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 68
I bought one of these and really liked it! Then my chinchilla chewed through the zipper....

I'm glad to see everything is going well with you and your chin though :)

Love it! I'm sure she's having a blast in it.... she's very cute. I also have the ware but mine is blue, probably because I bought it in 2008 and still has all working parts. :thumbs:

As long as you don't leave them unattended in the pen, they shouldn't be able to chew through anything. ;))

Love my playpen! Mine looks like yours. Is yours burgundy on the bottom? Yes, watch for chewing. Same warning with soft sided carriers. Chins can chew threw fabric fairly quickly. I have one that keeps giving the screen a taste. I will never take my eyes off him while he's in that pen. He enjoys the space to romp, but is very interested in the room he can view through the screen.

It's a great way to introduce your chin to a child, too. I asked my niece and nephew to stay still and let the chinchilla do all the moving. All three of us sat inside with a chin and let him run and jump and explore us. They loved it and so did my chins (one at a time, of course, since they're not bonded). I have to bring it and them when I visit or I get pouts now. :)

I just ordered a playpen that looks like this one! I am super excited because our chins love to run around and I'm always worried they aren't safe! Now I won't have to worry about that :)

I've been searching for a playpen that would be easy to store for in my apartment! This looks perfect. Does anyone have the name of it handy so I can order my Stanley one?

We have one of these, Edgar loves to bounce off the walls. The one down side is he has learned how to defeat the velcro holding the floor down and escape his "jail cell". So I had to go to the fabric store and get heavy duty snaps. It does the trick, he can't escape and he has no intrest in chewing on them. He now almost runs the walls hardly touching the floor. He's a very happy chin.

I think I have this same one and I love it. Mine has a Velcro attached bottom liner and for some reason Gizmo always pees on it. anyone know the best way to clean it?

Is there really pretty adequate room? For yourself, toys, and still space to run?

Cause I usually let my little stinker out in the bathroom with a gate that keeps him away from my cabinets and toilet. I have a huge bathroom. It's also a closet too, but there are doors. He was just fine until he gained all kinds of confidence and learned he can jump over it. I guess in the long run it's really not that bad that he gets over there, and I can just try to hang blankets over the cabinets so he doesn't chew. I don't know. Maybe a playpen would just be better.

mine is around the medium size. I can sit in there with him but he is also only 9 weeks old so he is still pretty small so he still has room. you can get bigger ones if you have the room. they are so handy!!

Back