Ware Pop Up Playpen Escape Artists

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PebblesAndAbby

Does anyone on here have the ware pop-up playpen. I had to give away my other playpen because it was a wire one and both of my girls would use their mouths and bend the whole wires together and jump out of the top of it and escape. Ok, so i buy the ware playpen seeing it has a cover AND mat cover for the bottom. Within 10 minutes my escape artist pebbles scourages under the mat held up by velcro strips on the bottom and runs out, with my other girl abby following behind her! It took me a few minutes to get them back in the cage. Ok, so i have an idea to turn the playpen upside down so that the ZIPPERED Side is on the bottom, and the velcro side on the top. Now they have been playing for about 20 minutes, so far so good. Pebbles keeps trying to scourage through the zippered bottom but can't and abby copy's her. Anyone else had this problem and had to turn it upside down? :rofl:

We had to replace the velcro with snaps that were at smaller distances apart and even with that we now go in the pen with Edgar. Only Edgar feels the need to be a little escape artist but this has worked so far. The worst is if you stop paying attention only to find yourself alone in the pen. Thankfully this has only happened once and to my husband so I get to make fun of him. You can get a snap kit at any craft or sewing store.

I've had the same (large, blue) Ware pop-up playpen for almost 2 years now. I use it for 8 chins, although not all at one time. The most were 3 at one time and none of my chins have ever escaped from it, nor have tried to devour it. I guess I'm lucky my boys like to stay inside it.

well, so far so good with it turned upside down. they didnt escape today after bring in the playpen over a half hour.

Latest posts

Back