Want to paint names on my chin's house

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinewifey4433

I just want to paint their names on their house, what kind of paint can I use? I have tons of non toxic acrylic paint but just wanted ya'lls point of view on this. :) Or should I not do it at all? Im just decking out their cage!

what if?

what if your just painting the outside of a handmade melamine habitat? the chins dont really touch the outside. Im making a very tall one with a storage unit built in the bottom, dont see a way a chin could climb on it with such a smooth outer surface.;)

They white melamine strips that you can purchase to line the outside the cages to make it all match. That's how mine were finished.

Here is an example of what I did to one of my chin houses. I used chin safe wood dye, and a wood burning kit.

Attachments

• chin wood house.JPG
    chin wood house.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 95
They white melamine strips that you can purchase to line the outside the cages to make it all match. That's how mine were finished.

Here is an example of what I did to one of my chin houses. I used chin safe wood dye, and a wood burning kit.

I LOVE that house. What do you mean by lining the outside of the cage with melamine? I am having trouble picturing it, but I guess I don't have a good idea of what melamine strips even are.

The melamine strips come in a roll, and look sort of like a roll of tape. The strips are cut to length to cover the exposed unfinished part of the melamine cages, vs having to paint them.

please share your melamine strip secret.My strips looked all pretty for about a month but then started catching on everything and getting broken off.:wacko:

Alison here on the list of Alison's chinchillas actually made my cages. I bought them from a breeder, that had purchased them from her. They are still holding up really well. I know I had looked at the box once while shopping at Lowes, as I do have a couple cages we personally made ourselves, and I want to finish them off. I think it said to iron them on? How did you apply your strips? I do know there is an adhesive for flooring that holds up very very well. If you were careful that might work? I used it to put laminate tiles over cement in a unfinished part of my basement, and that stuff is never coming up!

Latest posts

Back