Want to buy a second chin...she is way older.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingola

Ingola
My chin is 2 years old. I would like to buy another one I just found but she is 8. Is it ok to introduce chins with such a big age difference?
Also the new chin never came out of her cage, she lives in poor conditions, no hay, no proper food, lives in a little rabbit cage, no wheel, no fleece, plastic house, that's it.
I feel so bad for her! She was making wired noises. She was scared. I almost thought she might bite me.
What are your thoughts?

Age doesn't matter but the personalities do. Some chins will get along and others won't so you need to be prepared to keep them in separate cages if they don't get along. Since she isn't as used to a social owner it may take her several weeks to a couple months to settle into a new home and to start being more firendly. Each chin is different.

I have put together older chins, younger chins, older to younger and so on. As mentioned, it depends on personality, not age. I do find that when I introduce older chins that it helps to trim their whiskers short before putting them together, in addition to other intro methods.

Latest posts

Back