Walnuts?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kimera_666

Now i dont give my chins nuts of anykind ,just never thought they would be good .

but a friend of mine gave me a thing called a knotknibbler a chew toy mainly found at petco and patsmart its an entanglement thingy of sticks (colored) and ive had one or two before so i gave it to them and they tore it to smitherins like usual.

but then when i was looking in the cage i saw a walnut and i was wondering where the heck did that come from ,they were having a ball with it but i took it out .

aparently it came inside the knottknibbler but ive never had one with a walnut in one and im wondering if its good for them?

Some of the chews that you find in pet stores will have a 'treat' such as a nut or sometimes a bell inside, they should show it on the package. If the wood itself is safe, I usually take it apart and take the offending treat out before giving it to my chins. I've had this happen with sisal balls with little bells in them. Once I took out the bell, it was fine. Not sure about nut oil/residue and if that would be harmful though, maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to help you.

I bought one of those once and just took the walnut out before I gave it to them. I would not let them eat it, just take it out of the cage :).

Back