Wall of Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I moved my chins around again. This time I put them all against one wall.
There are 9 of them in 8 separate sections of 4 Ferret Nations. They are in my finished basement where there is also a 2nd kitchen and a full bathroom, so everything is at my fingertips.
I had my company cut me a nice piece of plexiglass to put under 2 of the cages since for the first time they will be on carpet. and one of the cages has a tinted plexiglass backing to hold the poop, hay, & shavings in. The other one has not been attached yet. I actually had them custom cut & my fiance' drilled holes in the back of them, so they are attached very securely to the cage.
I still have a few things to add to the cages but they have been this way for about a month and it seems to be working out ok. Now they can all see the TV and the room is opened up a lot. it is a little more difficult for clean up but that is a small price to pay to be able to invite people over again. for a while there was no space to put a table and i was always afraid a piece or two of poop may fly in someones cake! lol

Here are a few pictures (excuse any messes!!)

Attachments

• 2010 081.jpg
    2010 081.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 2010 082.jpg
    2010 082.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 2010 083.jpg
    2010 083.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 2010 084.jpg
    2010 084.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 99
Oh wow Michelle, that looks nice. My dream would be to have a room like that to have their own setup. Right now my 3 new kits are in my room and my other 3 are in the office, which works out fine but I would love to have them all in their own room someday. And to have all Ferret Nations. Hoping to do that next year.

Yay! You finally posted pics :D and it looks great! I was also afraid of flying poop, so we just moved the table, lol! What ever happened to that huge custom cage your fiance built?

you mean this one:

it was SO big that we couldnt even move it out of the house!! We had to disassemble. some of the shelves will be re used. parts of the frame have already been used for firewood. the doors he is reusing for some "other" project. its sad because it took him so long to build it but it just was NOT easy to clean. way too deep. Richie & Stitch are getting used to their much smaller quarters. i think they are sad that they are not only separated by a thin wall but more of 5 inch space. while they were never a "pair" they truly were cage buddies and they are sill in the same position, upper left & right of two separate FN's.

Attachments

• June-July 2009 080.jpg
    June-July 2009 080.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 61
LOL the couch in front of the cages aren't you afraid with your back turned they may be plotting against you :teehee: looks great!

The cages look awesome! Some lucky chins you have there.
I noticed what seems like a wire wheel in one of the cages- I was told they were very dangerous to use, because chinny legs can get stuck and broken on them. Only full-surface large wheels are recommended for chinchillas.
Best,

Agreed on the wheel

Also I have suggested for people to get those chair mats that go under office chairs to go under their cages if they are on carpet...seem to fit the FN too

Wow! Yes, that was the one. That was a huge cage!

you mean this one:

it was SO big that we couldnt even move it out of the house!! We had to disassemble. some of the shelves will be re used. parts of the frame have already been used for firewood. the doors he is reusing for some "other" project. its sad because it took him so long to build it but it just was NOT easy to clean. way too deep. Richie & Stitch are getting used to their much smaller quarters. i think they are sad that they are not only separated by a thin wall but more of 5 inch space. while they were never a "pair" they truly were cage buddies and they are sill in the same position, upper left & right of two separate FN's.

Awesome setup Michelle! Quite impressive, you have some very spoiled boys!

Latest posts

Back