Waiting (somewhat) patiently...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinChiq

I have been going back and forth about adding a second chin to our family for a while now. I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times, but it just didn't feel like the right thing to do at the time. I figured when the time and situation was right, I would go for it.

On Wednesday, I saw a local craigslist ad for a chinnie that needed a new home because her owner moved out of state and will not be able to take her along. The ad was very detailed and very clear that the owner did not want her to go to someone without previous chinchilla experience. She wants to find the best possible home for her chin (something very rarely seen on CL!). After looking at the ad a few times, I finally decided to contact her. We had a nice chat and I offered to take the chin. She was very up front that she had other people interested and that she wanted to talk to all of them before making a decision (which I 100% understand and respect).

So now that I have decided to get a sister for Luna, the waiting to find out if I will be chosen as the new home for this chinnie is killing me! I don't know if I should check in with her (it's only been 2 days) or not pester her! *sigh* I guess I'll just keep watching my phone for now...with my fingers crossed!

I hope things go well for you and I extra hope that after the quarantine and introduction process that the two get along like happy little clams! If this chin doesn't end up coming home with you I'm sure the right one will find its fuzzy little way to you eventually :)

Well I get to go meet the potential new member of the family next Friday! Since the owner is out of state, the chinnie is with her mom locally. She has a few potential choices picked and will have her mom help her make the final decision once all of the visits are done. It is so refreshing to see a Craigslist rehoming being taken this seriously!

If we are picked as the new home, the girls will live in separate cages. After reading about bonded chins suddenly turning on each other, I don't want to take that risk, no matter how small. I would be devastated if something like that happened. After quarantine, they would be kept in the same room so they could still have each other's company. If they seemed to get along, I would consider supervised play time together. This would go for any chinnie I would get, not just the one I am currently considering.

Latest posts

Back