Vittle Vaults

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PebblesAndAbby

I just purchased a 15 pound vittle vault for my girls and just put their oxbow pellets in it.. it's supposed to keep the food fresher..anyone here use one and if so how do you like it

looks like a good container for keeping food in (rodent proof, tight fitting lid, and such), but i think vacuum packing and freezing or refrigerating pellets would be better. with that vittle vault, once it isn't jam packed with pellets, there will be an air space inside the container, and in my experience, having a volume of air in the same container (be it bag, bucket, lidded container, etc) means the food won't stay fresh as long.

personally, i think containers like this are a bit of a gimmick.

I have used these containers for years and yes they keep the food very fresh. I have never had any problems, but I also store the container in a dry and cool room.

I use a Vittle Vault for my chinnie pellets. I buy pellets in a 50 pound bag and only have 6 chins and the food stays fresh for the 3 months or so it takes me to get through the whole 50 lbs. I buy hay at 9 lbs a crack and it stays nice and fresh in the hay bags Menagerie sells. It fits perfectly, too, with enough room to spare to stash a 40 ounce bag of meadow grass in there.

Back