Vitakraft Dandelion Drops

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin Dad

Any thoughts on these my Chin absolutely loves them?

Yogurt drops made with real dandelion
No artificial coloring or preservatives!
Vitamin fortified
Made in Germany

Ingredients: Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Dried Whey, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Ground Dandelion, Cornstarch, Lecithin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin.

Guaranteed Analysis % AMT UOM
Crude Protein (minimum) 5.2%
Crude Fat (minimum) 21.0%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 4.0%
Moisture (maximum) 5.0%

Yogurt drops are not good for chins. Right off the bat the first ingredient is sugar. Usually the first ingredient is what it contains the most of. Some chin safe treats would be dried rosehips, organic rosebuds, old fashioned oats, specially made chin cookies, and lots of chin safe wood. You can also offer a supplement if you just want to treat them. I use supplements from fuzzieskingdom.com as do others on here. They are all organic and my chins go nuts for them.

The first ingredient is sugar and it has 21% fat! Of course your chin loves it, it's basically an ice cream sandwich the size of your head. Feed your chin a goji berry or some shredded wheat, at least those have positive nutriential value.

Ditto to the above statements. When I got my first chin I would give them to her daily. She was like a little kid on a sugar high. You can also give rosehips as a treat. I've learned over the years, that if it is coming from your hand, chins think it's a treat. I do with their pellets, hay, wood chews and toys.

Back