Vitakraft Chinchilla Cocktail

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megatron_mcd

Any reviews on Vitakraft Chinchilla Cocktail? I've been giving it to Marzipan since the day I got her and she's crazy about it. Since I'm a new owner however I'm just making sure whenever possible that I'm not giving my sweetie anything harmful! Also they say to give them (if I remember correctly) about a tablespoon of this each day, that seems a bit much? I give her a small pinch of it, how much do you give yours?

Stay away from Vitakraft products. That particular product is loaded with fruits that are not good for chinchillas due to the sugar content. I would toss it immediately. There is no real need to supplement, especially with something like that.

Often I find the treats for sale at pet stores are full of sugar and fruit and dairy products that chin's digestive systems cant handle. Its like giving toddlers Red Bull all the time. Red Bull that can make them bloated, with diarrhea.

The good news is there are treats you can give that they will go crazy for, and are good for them. Search the forum for "treats" any you'll see you can sparingly reward them with oats, loofah, shredded wheat, sticks, rosehips, etc.

Agreeing with everyone else, I'd definitely toss them and stick to something healthier for your chin. Some favorites with my girl are rose hips, rose/hibiscus petals, dandelion root, old fashioned oats, or the occasional plain cheerio or wheatie if she feels up to it. You can get the herbs for pretty cheap at health food stores if you're interested.

:)

My chin LOVES Cheerios so that's his main treat I feed him with a random raisin mixed on the bunch. Iv been trying to Get him rosehips but no such luck, I avoid treats from my local pet store because they aren't really good for him or are crammed full of sugar, only treats I buy are apple sticks which he shreds then hordes in his chin house.

My chin LOVES Cheerios so that's his main treat I feed him with a random raisin mixed on the bunch. Iv been trying to Get him rosehips but no such luck, I avoid treats from my local pet store because they aren't really good for him or are crammed full of sugar, only treats I buy are apple sticks which he shreds then hordes in his chin house.

There are a few vendors in the classifieds that have rose hips. I'm sure one of them would be happy to help you.

I also get them on ebay. I find if I look for organic rosehips for humans they are cheaper than the ones selling for pets. Organic and human grade seemed the better option and cheaper is even better.

I've had her on a pretty good treat kick, she's been loving rolled oats, and I ordered some rosebuds, and crushed rosehips, some hibiscus and also some chamomile. She's so far enjoyed trying them all, but now sometimes sticks her nose up at them (loved the hibiscus on her first try, second time ate none of it.) She's probably going to be my picky little one always lol.

Back