Vet visit list?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinny

I am preparing for if I have to take my chinny to the vet. I am sure some of ya'll have read my other post but if you have not I am currently trying ot figure out if she has teeth problems.
I have read in many posts that people take their chinny to the vet for the teeth to be checked but the vet doesn't do everything they should to see everything they need to, to be sure there isn't a problem. Then the people have to go back and the money was wasted

So, I would like to get a list of what needs to be done to see all the teeth and any problems there could be.
i know xrays
put them to sleep and a oral exam
What should be entailed?

thanks for all the help

First you need a scale and determine there is a problem beyond the food change, any time a chinchilla is put under there is a risk of death or injury so you don't want to do it just to look without other symptoms , second you need to find a vet who is very experienced in chinchilla teeth, the chin should be put under, have head x-rays and have a oral and periodontal exam, if nothing shows up during the x-ray or exam a blood panel is a good idea to check if there is infection brewing I:E abscesses or bone infection or other issues going on with the chin, not eating is not always teeth.

Latest posts

Back