vet said xrays look normal but...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarobear

My chinchilla has a history of tooth spurs so he has to get his teeth trimmed every 3-12 months depending. I had him do xrays a little over a year ago and a couple days ago. The vet said that his xrays look normal but I feel like the roots may be elongated. I'm not expert so I'd like some advice. He hasn't stopped dropping 11 days post op. Normally, he'd stop drooling a a day to a week after trims...

Attachments

• taro.jpg
    taro.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24
I go to Dr. Nakamura and what he has said is correct, the occlusal plane which is the biting surface looks pretty good, and you do have elongation especially the lower cheek teeth. The problem with filings is other things can happen-soft tissue injury, infection, if the crowns were more elongated than usual you have innervated teeth were trimmed more than usual and now the teeth are sensitive, you can have something that was missed, even a tiny point on a drama queen chin that will make them stop. Did Dr. Nakamura RX you the metecan and TMS post op?

Ticklechin when you say there is elongation on lower cheek teeth do you mean roots? If its a superficial problem such as the biting surface then Id just have to keep his trims periodic. But if there is problem with the roots then I wouldn't know what to do for my baby. I was given metacam which I've been giving for 11 days 2 times daily but he's drooling all over his chin and paws. Something is still bothering him. I just started him on tms I hadon hand yesterday night. Woke up to him drooling still.

Latest posts

Back