Vet at work or home?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peep_erz

I need to get Polo to a vet sometime soon and I am not sure which vet to go to. There is a chin knowledgeable vet where I live but they have very limited hours. There is also a vet near where I work that claims to be chin knowledgeable. I haven't checked them out yet so I don't know how good they are with chins.
This week is the worst week for me to adjust my hours so I was considering bringing him to the vet closer to my work but that also means him being in a travel carrier all day at my work with me.
So, my question is, which vet would you go to and do you choose your vet closer to home or work?

I would see if you could ask the new vet a few questions by phone or something to get a feel for him/her. That way you will have an idea of what they know so you don't have to waste your time and stress your chin out by having to be in the carrier and having to go to work with you for no reason.

I personally have to drive almost an hour to get to my vet. We have several here in my town only minutes away but none of them are good enough with chins, so the drive is worth it.

I would go to the one that you trust to know chinchillas. If you can't change your hours this week then bring him next week. A bad vet is nothing more than an accident waiting to happen and a waste of money. MY vet isn't too far (maybe 15 or 20 mins from my house) but there are vets closer that I could go to but I know and trust this one. Go with your gut...not by your hours JIMO

I agree, a bad vet or at least one not knowledgeable about chins is not worth wasting your time and money on. Go to the most trustworthy one. If this isn't an emergency visit, take the time to be able to coordinate schedules with the better vet. In the meantime, do more research on this other vet and see if they are a worthy choice as well. You do need a reliable and convenient vet in case of emergency.

Ok. I made an appointment with my normal chin knowledgeable vet near my home. Luckily my boyfriend is available during some of their available hours so he can take Polo in tomorrow morning. :) I definitely will do more vet research since this is going to pose a problem in case of emergency.

Latest posts

Back