Very loud barking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizuki

Just a few moments ago i was sitting here on the computer and suddenly heard my chinchilla bark. However i tried looking up the noise and its much louder and sharper then any of the sounds i found. She has also done it a few times in her sleep. They were recently adopted so i'm really unsure of how they were treated before me.

They make all sorts of noises. One of mine likes to let out a screeching sound in the middle of the night. The first time I heard it I was sure he was stuck or something, but he was just fine. As long as there is no signs of fighting and they are acting normal I wouldn't be concerned.

I have a small herd of chinchillas, several of who make various sounds throughout the day and night. One barks in his sleep, several alarm call at various points through the night and several chirp and chatter at regular intervals. Thankfully I only have one screamer :)

My female chinchilla used to scream to get my attention in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop until I got up and petted/talked to her. I wasn't able to get that habit broken until I moved them out of my bedroom. The first couple times I had no idea what was going on and thought she was hurt so I took her out and verified that she was fine. After that it was a game.

Oh yeah, that's nothing to worry about. Dessy randomly makes that sound all the time. If you check the whole area for anything that might alarm your chin and find nothing, she's probably just feeling chatty. :)

Back