Very First Baby Took Female Colour Section Champion!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

About a year and a half ago I bought a chin off of Craigslist for $75. She had been bred by Claire Russell from Chins-NW. I bred her to my mosaic male Eiffel who came from Rivendell. Today their daughter Izzy, the very first baby I ever bred took Female Colour Section Champion at the show here in Seattle. I am over the top happy, excited and thrilled. Not only is she gorgeous but she is a real sweetheart too.

Photo of Izzy, April 27th 2013 winner of Female Colour Section Champion.

Attachments

• Chinnychews Izzy colour section champion april 27 2013.jpg
    Chinnychews Izzy colour section champion april 27 2013.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 91
Thank you all. I am just so blessed with all that has happened since getting my first two chins. Now I have a herd of seven really good quality chins, 4 from Craners, 1 from Rivendell and 2 from my own breeding. I have two herd improvement standards one a male and one a female both of which are from grand show champion bloodlines, 2 mosaics, a beautiful beige female, a fantastic little black tov and an ebony male
I also have a growing business selling chewsticks etc.
One lesson to be learned here is to watch Craigslist and other classifieds like a hawk, because you never know what slipped through the cracks and what you might find.

Izzy

Way to go, we really, really wish we could have been there. Congrats to you and all of the winners. It is wonderful to see several first time showers do so well.
Chincerely,
JoAnne:dance3:

Way to go, we really, really wish we could have been there. Congrats to you and all of the winners. It is wonderful to see several first time showers do so well.
Chincerely,
JoAnne:dance3:

Thank you JoAnne for your kind words. Thank you to Jerry and Casey as well for all the support and encouragement you have been giving me to help me. I love all of the chins that I have gotten from you and am looking forward to lots of amazing babies from them.

A huge congrats to you Christine! Your little girl is a beauty and I am glad she did so well for you! My beautiful mosaic came from C/L, so you can come across some great finds there! Enjoy your success, and enjoy your chinnie family! :)

Congrats Caroline! That white was very nice....and I loved the markings on her face....good job!

Thank you Ryan, and congratulations on all of your wins. My goal is to be able to give you a run for your money in a few years. :neener:
People will then be able to say that the best chins can be found in the Tiffany Park/Fariwood area of Renton.

Yes! Challenge accepted! :thumbsup: I think any new breeder interested in improving the quality of chinchillas in their herd as well as the chinchilla industry as a whole in encouraged to attend shows and learn as much as they can each show. You will learn so much from old time and experienced ranchers... (as the Bradfords demonstrated Saturday :)

Until the next show....

About a year and a half ago I bought a chin off of Craigslist for $75. She had been bred by Claire Russell from Chins-NW. I bred her to my mosaic male Eiffel who came from Rivendell. Today their daughter Izzy, the very first baby I ever bred took Female Colour Section Champion at the show here in Seattle. I am over the top happy, excited and thrilled. Not only is she gorgeous but she is a real sweetheart too.

When I learned that the beautiful Ebony female that I had sold, had ended up on craigslist, I was not happy about it. BUT, I am very glad she ended up with the right person.

Congrats on her offspring's big win. She is a lovely chinnie

When I learned that the beautiful Ebony female that I had sold, had ended up on craigslist, I was not happy about it. BUT, I am very glad she ended up with the right person.

Congrats on her offspring's big win. She is a lovely chinnie

I am glad I found her too. Like I said, we need to watch craigslist like a hawk. When I saw her I immediatly noticed that she was better quality than other craigslist chins and that she had an ear tag. I called the seller and found out that she was one of Claire's breeding, that she had taken a first in her class at a show and that her sire had been reserve colour section champion. I am so glad that I snapped her up. Izzy is such a beautiful and delightful chin, and very calm and loving.

I'm sure some people will have a pop at me for this post but I feel the need to post it anyway ....

It is not acceptable practice to purchase chinchillas from Craigslist (or similar sites) and breed them. It is a practice with risks to the chinchillas & any offspring.

Caroline has been incredibly lucky to have found a fully pedigreed chinchilla which, from reading the posts above, has been actually verified by the original breeder.

Breeding Craigslist chinchillas is considered bad practice generally & should not be attempted.

Please, please, if you are reading this thread & thinking "Oh goody, on CnH they are happy for people to breed chins from Craigslist", we're not. That would be irresponsible & it's not something this forum condones - just go through & search for breeding non-pedigree, rescue/Craigslist chins & you'll find a ton of threads.

*steps off soapbox*

Latest posts

Back