Vacuum?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprinceton

Hey all,
I was wondering if you all have any insight or experience on the best vacuum to use. I'm going to be moving in the fall and bringing the chins with me, and I need a good vacuum to keep the shelves in the cage and area where they are nice and clean. (I just sweep up really well right now, and vacuum every couple weeks with my moms vacuum 😊)
I can't spend more than $150 at the most. I'm asking because my moms vacuum that I use currently always gets clogged and broken when I try to clean the cages... I guess I need a heavy duty one.
I was wondering if anyone uses like a really big dust buster. This would be cheaper if it works, so I'm looking into it. Does anyone use something like that? Thanks!

Your best bet is getting a shop vac, if you want something that wont clog or not as often. The one I have is very similar to this, and it is loud but works great. Obviously the blower is not something you need but I picked this one since I do for other outside things. Hopefully that gives you some idea though, you need high hp to get the sucking power and wider hose to not get clogged.

Your best bet is getting a shop vac, if you want something that wont clog or not as often. The one I have is very similar to this, and it is loud but works great. Obviously the blower is not something you need but I picked this one since I do for other outside things. Hopefully that gives you some idea though, you need high hp to get the sucking power and wider hose to not get clogged.

Thanks so much!! I'd still appreciate insight on a dustbuster from anyone else, but I think I'm going to go with something like this.

I second shop vac! I have a high end pet vac which is great with dog and cat messes but not the chin messes. So I keep that for regular messes, but for hay and whatever else my chinchilla throws out I have the shop vac.

I second shop vac! I have a high end pet vac which is great with dog and cat messes but not the chin messes. So I keep that for regular messes, but for hay and whatever else my chinchilla throws out I have the shop vac.

My Shop Vac gets clogged with hay very easily!

Back