Using whole branches?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess32247

I've seen pictures of people using whole branches in there chin cage, and absolutely love the idea. I have a couple of whole branches in my girl's cage now, but I really want to go all out and add more. The ones I already have in are attached with the normal hardware you use for shelves - wing nuts, washers, and hanger bolts. It's a pain in the bum to drill the ends of them and get them just the right length to fit where you want them. In the pictures I've seen though, it doesn't look like they use wing nuts, washers, or hanger bolts, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how they did it and make it look so clean. Any suggestions on how to attach them securely would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I have a Marshall Mansion cage, and the bar spacing is a bit wide (I think it's 1 inch, but I'll have to double check) so wedging the ends of the stick into the bars might not work, but that's the only other way I can think of. Thanks again for suggestions :))

Back